Converged Use of Digital & Data Science (D2) for Point of Care Diagnostic Service …
Healthcare delivery reform is at the heart of many of these debates. It is an area where the effective and thorough use of data can play an integral role in improving efficiencies in health care services. With improved healthcare data collection, we can now dramatically expand available service offerings through the aggregation of a broader range of incompatible data sources; faster, more accurate timely delivery of preventative health care strategies.
Population Health Management through point of care diagnostic services as a innovative framework developed by MESAWITE, proposed to monitor, track, and improve the quality of health for those in a specific geographic area. While the goal is to improve the quality of health, the focus is on how to achieve it through a converge integrated point of care networks.
Point-of-care diagnostics are medical tools or devices that can diagnose disease in a patient’s community, generally outside of a formal clinic setting with:
§ Improve scalability of model by shifting health delivery more to local level
§ Reduce cost of diagnosis and unnecessary travel to clinics
§ Improve early detection by catching more illnesses
§ Improve access to under-reached communities
They include both low-tech and high-tech methods and devices and are typically portable, fast, and relatively inexpensive. POC diagnostics can save patients money (as they no longer have to travel to clinics), allow earlier diagnosis and expand access to previously under-served populations.
What benefits can achieve & Offer through D2?
- Timely, more accurate population health monitoring
- Broader data source aggregation,
- enabling broader community participation
- Clinical, claims, and pharmaceutical data support
- Real time reporting,
- Increased life care support
- Increased sustainability
- Geographical analysis and proactivity actions
- Health care diagnostics at grassroots level
- Proactive demand and supply of life care services
Way forward the Use of Digital & Data Science (D2 in Population Health Management (PHM)
• Find groups of patients who are presenting with pre-stage disease symptoms; identify individual patients who are declining before they go critical, from within a much larger cohort.
• Pro-actively reach out to patients who are identified as not following their treatment plan.
• Enables ingestion of data from the entire continuum of health care centers; enables any authorized person to access the system and run ad hoc queries or reports
• The output data sets to authorized, external systems for further analysis and processing for inter department monitoring coordination for better life care services.
• Identify and utilize data to change patterns of treatment and help patients change their habits and lifestyle.
• It brings added perspective community education with respect to self care, health care & healthy life.
• Structure the need for basic education for health and hygiene
This is one of the innovative project framework initiative of MESAWITE, which will provide a framework for government of India innovative healthcare delivery services in resource-limited areas of our country. This initiative will Improving maternal health and preventing mortality in resource-limited (rural & tribal) areas of our country which is one of our top priority. Poor access to healthcare and to health inequity are also major problems in rural and remote communities this new generation of diagnostic tests are being developed and can be use at the point-of-care (POC) that will not require a laboratory. This is an innovative way to manage infectious diseases, particularly in resource-poor areas like many rural and tribal areas of any geography.